This stage finalises the Discovery sessions and looks at decisions around the what it is we intend to build, why and what’s the benefit. It is also used to refine the initial VROM estimate based on a more detailed understanding.
- Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimation
- Both Cost and Benefit estimated for the concept
- Allows a Proceed or Pivot conversation to happen.
Benefit Validation Grid
- A one page summary to review the product idea, business driver, customer base, solution, key metrics
- Focus is on the valid concept, not a detailed solution
- Can be used to create a parking lot of concepts to be taken forward into delivery