Every project will change the organisation in some way. This aspect of Inception is designed to help the team to identify what the ripple effect of their technical delivery will be within the business. This will ensure that the benefits associated with the project are realised as soon as possible and there is minimum disjoint between IT delivery and Business change
- Impact analysis to the organisational business architecture based on the project requirements
- Understanding and mapping of the to-be processes needed following project go-live
- Any specific org changes (both increase & decrease in headcount) following phased roll-out. This will feed into the cost / benefit & ROI aspects of Inception as well as any dependency management activities
- Output may range from an internal roll-out plan (including training and support) through to a large scale business change incentive to support delivery.
- Any changes to the business facing data are identified.
- Depending on the level of change, it could result in amendments to the LDM (Logical Data Model) or even the CDM (conceptual data model)
- This would help address security, compliance or governance requirements such as GDPR, PCI, DPA, etc.
- Involvement of the Data Architect and Tech Lead in the sessions ensures that Physical Data Model changes will be discussed as part of the technical solution